Molestation dreams...?

When i was in middle school my parents were about to get divorced. I also had started my mentral cycle. One night I had a dream my brother and dad molested me. It terrified me and i woke up crying and screaming. No one came to see what was wrong. My parents got back together. But I have always been distant to my brother and esp my dad. Sometimes it would even affect my sex relat with boyfriends. and now it seems to trigger my head more with my pregnancy. I have only shared this with a few people bc of embarrasement and not knowing if anyone understands. This really does afftect me... its like the devil gets in my head and uses twisted thoughts. I dont understand it. I am scared and nervous to seek help. Has anyone gone thru this or suggest anything? Thank you. I know this neve happend but it still has affected mel how i think and my relationships. It sickens me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• You should seek professional help. I know its scary but it could do you a world of good.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry that this is tormenting you but if it helps the dreams are NOT of your parents but of what they symbolize. (authority, guidance, love) Even the molestation isn't literal. It can mean to annoy or disturb. Dreams are symbols. Sexuality is a normal thing so if you combine your natural ability to think about sex and add figureheads or symbols of parents it can get distorted and misunderstood at a conscious level which is obviously what has happened to you. Dreams are healthy, no matter how odd they seem when you are having them. I just looked up Incest in the dream book and it says "it's a warning that you are contemplating a discreditable action and to resist the temptation". (discreditable = something that could harm your reputation)

Answer by admckenzie at 4:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2009