Do you sometimes feel like you don't know enough about being a mom?

I know I fall under that category. I look at other moms and it seems to me it comes more natural to them than it does for me. I sometimes don't know what I'm supposed to do, I don't know the right questions to ask a Day Care provider, and sometimes it's hard for me to BE a mom in public. I do try but sometimes it's harder for me. Does anyone else feel this way sometimes?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Being a mom many times is just following the strings of your heart, and let it lead you to what needs to be done. We learn as we go, that is all we can do. You will be just fine!

Answer by older at 4:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• It is very normal to feel this way! Babies do not come with instructional booklets! The best advice I ever got was "do what works for you" as long as you and your baby are healthy and happy then that is what matters. Remember you are a mommy now and even though it may not all come naturally, that we learn as we go!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I didn't know how to be a mom. So I read books. I went to conferences. I took classes. I took college courses.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• yeah you learn as you go... i dont support teh read books to learn it,,,, learn by doing, thinking, reflecting and trying new things!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2009