I need help

my 6month old has never been a "good sleeper" but it seems like he has gotten even worse...no matter if I nurse him rock him wait till he's asleep if he gets put down he will not stop crying about it. He doesn't have a cold or anything like that, what can I do? He used to just fuss for a few seconds then go to sleep now he actually cries. Advice please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He wants to be close to you while he sleeps. That's the way it's supposed to be!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• what i do is let him sleep on me for about a half hr or so before i put him down after that he seems to sleep pretty well untill he gets hungry again so try letting him sleep with you for about a half hr first then put him in bed
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 4:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• gailll, he won't go to sleep with me rocking him OR nursing him
    Anonymous

• Maybe he's starting to teeth, do you feel any hard lumps?
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• checked for that, no. See he's always fought sleep, I think the older he's getting he's putting up an even stronger fight...has anyone ever experienced this before?

Anonymous

• Buy the book "The No Cry Sleep Solution." You can order it from Amazon. You need to start the Pantley method. It is a slow process, but gentle and good for baby.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• What I have found that works it ot either swaldle them up or sometimes I take off my shirt and put it in my childs crib. It will help sooth baby because it has your scent on it. Hope this helps :D
    momof4_1975

Answer by momof4_1975 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• When my son was in that habit I would let him sleep on me for about 10-20 minutes. When I knew he was really in a deep sleep I would put him down. You could also try putting a blanket, T-shirt, or stuffed animal in his bed with him that smells like you. That may help him feel closer to you even when you're not there. Also make sure he's getting enough food. Some babies tend to refuse sleep when they're not satisfied.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• You're describing my child to a "T."

What I found was that I was trying to put him to sleep on MY schedule. And THAT was a waste of time.

I started observing when he naturally fell deeply asleep and put him to bed on HIS schedule...and no more fighting.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2009