Mother in law question

My mother in law is such a gossip I can not stand it I can't even stand to talk on the phone to her and if we have to go to her house for something I dread it and try to come up with a reason for me and the kids to not go.She gossips about the whole town the people she goes to church with me and my kids which are her step grand kids.All the time she is talking about money and how much this and that cost her b day was recently and she was telling us how much stuff cost that people got for her then when off running her mouth how all we got her were some lousey dish towels I wish I wouldn't have got her a thing she makes me so freaking nuts. Is anyone elese putting up with the same thing?She so reminds me of the mother in law from everybody loves raymond only multiply that by 100.

diva_74

Asked by diva_74 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• mines exactly exactly exactly the same and she lives upstairs. i got used to it. i put up with it all the time. but i got on her good side cuz theyll only try to annoy u more when they know ur annoyed, thats my best advice to u/
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• A mother in law you dislike as a person is going to have to be put in the back burner, stay away as much as you can so there is no friction. Be smart, remember this woman is your husband mom and your kids grandma and no matter how much you dislike her she isn't going away just yet. Let her serve as an example of what not to become. Count to ten...........

Answer by older at 4:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I would stay F A R away from her, she would drive me crazy. Mother in laws are tough to deal with at times, but you deal with them for your husband's sake.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• She is still his mother and still the kids' grandma, so let them spend time with her.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2009