ADVICE ON A FRIEND LIKE THIS????

I havent' talked to someone I thought was my friend for a few years. She emailed me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to hang out and see her house. So my daughter and I went up to her house and hung out. We then went to the neighbors house who was having a birthday party and ate and hung out. This so called friend asked me what I was doing today and I mentioned that I could bring up food to make dinner. To make a long story short after I brought the neighbors kid and my daughter and friend to the park we went back to her house and the whole situation I felt was major sketchy. The neighbors mother was yelling at her daughter to come home and that she couldnt play when i was under the impression the kids could play because this "friend" was telling me its fine. Then the friend turned around and says oh i forgot i have to go to my cousins. After I brought food to cook. I felt she was pushing me out the door. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• i had a friend like this. turns out she was on drugs.
    Anonymous

• If she hasnt talked to you in a few years I would think she's not your friend. I wouldnt have even went over there. Im loosing my so-called bestfriend due to the fact that i had a baby. If she not willing to fitt some time in 'her' busy life to call then, theres no friendship.
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• What do I think? leave her selfish a.. alone. She is very inconsiderate to you, and forget trying to be her friend, people like her need to be alone. You go out of your way to be a good friend to her, and she does not appreciate you girl. let it go, leave her be. I had a friend like that before, and notice I did say BEFORE.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Notice you said at the beginning of your statement: You thought she was a friend, and you have not seen her in years. Red flag there girlfriend.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Yeah if you haven't seen her in years, yall aren't that close. Don't do dinner anymore, in fact I wouldn't go anywhere with her you wouldn't mind going alone (if she stands you up at the park, at least you and the kids get to spend time at the park).
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• What kind of a "friend" invites you to buy and bring food to her house so you can make HER dinner? WTF! A real friend would invite you over to eat a meal she'd prepared and paid for. Dump her.
    Anonymous