Did your child ever get a iron shot?

I heard someone's preemie 4 year old needs an iron shot. WIC wants to do this! Is this beneficial? If you have any advice for me to pass along I'd love to hear it! Just curious if this is a needful shot?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 6:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Health

• WIC wants to do an iron shot? I wouldn't let them do it, i'd take my child to their pediatricians.. I don't trust wic when it comes to stuff like this.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Hmmm....not when they were infants (well actually they never did get one). The pediatrician tested their blood around a year old to see if they had enough iron in their blood and if they didn't then she would have given them an iron shot. Mine never had the shot.
    About WIC doing it......they certainly better not without running a blood test first to determine that the baby really needs it. I wouldn't want WIC making these determinations for me either, I only want my children's pediatrician making these decisions with me.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• The child is 4 years old!!? Not a baby.
    Anonymous