mirena and possible pregnancy? IDK?

I have had the mirena in since March of 2008. It has been great! but two weeks ago, I had some brown spotting for one day and it was only when I went potty. I havent had a period since August of 2008. Every night (almost) since that spotting I have been getting cramps that just annoy me. IDK has anyone experianced this efore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had an IUD in a little over a year and had to have it removed. I am 14 weeks pregnant. So to answer your question.....YES you can get pregnant with an IUD in. Take a test or call your OB. If you are pregnant, you want to see if it can be removed right away. Luckily mine was able to be removed.
    Anonymous

• Thatk you for responding, I will take a test probaly tomorrow and than call my ob, either way. Hubby is getting a vysectimy on friday
    Anonymous

• Mirena is a hormone IUD so it's a higher rate of still becoming pregnant. If you use a copper IUD it is nearly impossible. I've been seeing a lot of Mirena posts like this lately. Sounds fishy....
    Anonymous

• anon 7 36
    Im not making this up, if that is what you mean. (not saying you are just clarifying, sorry if I sound rude! I dont mean too!) It would be my luck, lol hubby goes in friday for his vysectimy and then we would find out. lol. I could just picture that!
    Anonymous