Can I get upset over this with DH?

He's lost his job. So for the past 10 months I've done his unemployment compensation for him. There's times I'm not well to do this. Considering where the computer is. Me being able to see well and do it. But he's never ever once done it himself. I'll get yelled at if I don't do it! He claims he doesn't know how to. Am I wrong to feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Wrong to feel upset with him? You married him knowing he couldn't fill out a simple form, right? How could you be upset about it now? You've enabled his laziness/incompetence for 10 months. You lost that right 10 months ago.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• If he is able to, he should do it. If he is exhausted from job hunting or other work, and you are more skilled or something on the computer, then perhaps it is something that you should do. If he isn't busy or disabled, then it would be good for him to find out how to do it. If in general he doesn't use the computer, though, it would be a good thing for you to not let him get interested in it. Too many wives are upset about husbands who spend all day playing on the computer.

Answer by Bmat at 6:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Completely understandable. Men... they're something else sometimes....
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 6:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• half where in her post did she say she got into her marriage knowing he couldn't feel out simple forms? She is talking about his unemployment, duh.

Tell him he is a grown man and to learn how to do it himself. Yes you have a right to be upset and I just wouldn't do it anymore.

Anonymous

• Teach him how to do it, he really should know this stuff. What if he didn't have you to do it for him?
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 7:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Why haven't you taught him how to do this? How is he conducting a job search without using the computer?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• basically, you are complaining about yourself.
    you created this situation, you enabled the situation, you knew what he was like when you married him. nothing new here, you're just tired of doing it now.
    keep doing it though, or there's no unemployment check in the mail.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2009