Help IDK what to do!

My daughter will not take her new straw/sippy cup ... its the nuby where the straw comes up ... the only one she wants is her soft spout nuby ,BUT she has it so bitten up (even the newest one) that it just leaks out , she doesnt even have to suck on it! ... i filled her new cup w/ water and sat it here to see if shell take it her self and she wont! =( we have tried 8 different cups , but she wont take hard spouts -only soft , EXCEPT this one ... when i say we tried EVERY cup , i mean it!! ... i just dk how to get her to take it! shes 9 months by the way (10 on the 26th)

tha-hawt-mommie

Asked by tha-hawt-mommie at 6:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm not sure what kind of soft spout your cup is, but here's a link (click on Spouts) on where to get replacements. Maybe your dd needs some Orajel right now? Good Luck! My son only used soft spouts, too.

Spouts

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 7:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My son had the same issue, was very picky. We just told him it was the only cup he could have. After awhile he would drink form it but we never gave in on it either. He would all day without a drink(he still had food) then when he was thirsy enough...took the cup.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• There is no law that says that your child HAS to be on a cup before his/her first birthday. The people at the health dept said something about my 20 mo old still being on a bottle... He wont take a sippy, but he can drink out of a reg. cup - but he makes a huge mess. We're working on it, but for now, he's still on a bottle most of the time
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• MunchiesMom324 -- she has been off the bottle for months now ... but since being on this sippy shes managed to learn how to get the top to push thru thats why i switched it. i just wanted her off the bottle bc thats my preference ... she did GREAT switching , but now doesnt want to switch off this cup
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 7:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• how_reb ... how long did it take for him to get used to it? how old was he when this happened? ... harmoni has food also , and im NOT giving in , even though i want to!
    tha-hawt-mommie

• Have you tried just letting her drink out of a regular cup (with you holding it) during meals and stuff. Or a regular cup with a regular straw.
    If all else fails just keep giving her the hard topped cup and don't give her a choice. She'll drink from it eventually if she's thirsty. You could try it without the valve to show her that there is something in there.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I used the Nuby ones with Noah until he chewed threw them, then switched to the playtex insulater brand. Those are my favorite! I just bought Kyle some (he's 15 months) He throws his cups so I need one that the top won't come off of (Avent ones did that). We're still on bottles too but only at night time. It's weird because my oldest was off bottles at 8 months! Good luck! How is Harmoni doing other than the sippy thing?
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Heather: I used playtex w/ my son and LOVED THEM! She will not take them! I even bought her the new ones that snap closed and these didn't leak at all! I even threw one! Lol!! She's sticking to her soft ones! Lol!! Oh she's great TY for asking..had her 9mth check up and they said she needs to gain weight by jan (her 1yr apt) her weight is down on the chart..idk how she eats A LOT! LOL
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2009