P90X

Has anyone heard or tried P90X? If so, would you recommend it? What do you need to workout? What were your results?

msfila1980

Asked by msfila1980 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I haven't personally tried it but I've heard REALLY good things about it. Definitely sounds worth it. I'm REALLY into the fitness world and see success stories from it a lot. My sister in law is a personal trainer that specializes in pre and postnatal fitness, she's 2 months postpartum and using it right now. If you want more info about it I'd ask in the Work it Out Sexy Mama group.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 9:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I know a ton of people who do it and WOW! It works if you use it, but unless you are in good shape now, you need to start with Power 90 (not X) and work your way up. Either way, great work outs!

Mostly you just need space to work out, about an hour a day, a pull up bar (though that might come with), free weights (like 3-10 lbs) or a resistance band.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My husband and I have the regular P-90 (not the X) and it is great! I love it! (the only workout tape I can get him to do) We both have lost 30lbs doing the  workouts. I am not sure about the newer one, it looks even harder that the one we have. I think if you are in good shape it would be a good one to get. If you are a first timer try the original P-90. Good luck!

Deb760

Answer by Deb760 at 7:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I have the p90x program, and I can tell you it does definitely work, but it takes great discipline to do it, and it's not what you would call easy. It's intense, and the workouts are an hour long, every day for 6 days a week. I'd definitely recommend it.

Anonymous

• Wow it looks great doesn'nt it!?!? I dont have it but when I saw the info mmercial it definitely seems different than other workouts. An hour a day may not work for me, but if had the money too, I would get it.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2009