Piercings (Read)

Okay so I have gotten my nipple done awhile ago and now Im pregnante 21 weeks and 3days..My nipple are getting white..Should I take my nipple rings out?? See I would like to breast feed but I know if I have them in it wont happen so Im going to buy a breast pump as she is here.Can anyone please tell me what you think..I need some advice on this..Thank you everyone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well if you plan on breastfeeding, you have to actually feed. pumping wont keep your milk. but, i would take out your ring. if its sore exspecially
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• might as well take them out, you can always get them done again. that's what i plan on doing once i start try to have another kiddo.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• GIRL! You are not gonna want to pump with rings in your nipples! Trust me. It hurts bad enough thinking about you doing that. I dont have nipple rings, but I can tell you that it hurts with out the rings. I couldnt imagine pumping with them. YIKES!! And your boobs and nipples are gonna get sooooo big. You probably want to go anhead and take them out. JMO.
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• GIRL! You are not gonna want to pump with rings in your nipples!
    __________-

I was thinking the same thing! Pumping hurts- I hated pumping. With this baby I plan on only pumping when absolutely necessary. I used a hospital grade pump and a hand held- the hand held hurt worse. Nursing directly was much, much more comfortable.

I would take them out and then get them redone once your lil one weans.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• You can wear them up until your baby arrives and is ready to eat! Definitely don't attempt to BF with the piercings in because that is bad for their gums and a choking hazard. You won't want to pump with them in either. You should just take them out once baby is born and keep them out. You can just push them in like once or twice a day if you can bare it to keep the holes open. But BF your child is more important than any silly piercing.
    I know all of this because I went through it with my first daughter. You can always get them repierced when you are completely done breastfeeding.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 3:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Thank you everyone for your comments I agree with each and everyone of you..BF is more important then a piercing..
    Anonymous