when did you....

start to get checked for dilation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• at 36wks when you start going weekly
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 7:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I went to my 36 week check up on the 16th and they dint check but they did do a Strep B test. but i dont go back till i am 38 weeks. I was checked at 36 weeks with my dd. And i could request to be checked after that.
    mimi_emc2

Answer by mimi_emc2 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Not until I was well into active labor. My preference and your care provider should respect it. Getting checked and told things along the way just either gives mom false hope she is going into labor soon or makes her upset she isn't dilated enough IMHO and is not a good thing. My water also broke and you have to deliver within 24 hours of being checked after that happens (not after the water breaks, but rather after they check you and introduce possible bacteria).
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2009