Potty Training my 3 yr old Daughter

My Daughter is 3 yrs old and still not potty trained !! She wears pull ups and has once before went to the bathroom in the potty and seemed to have an interest to go potty everytime she would get out of the bath but would end up not doing anything . She just seemed to loose interest in the potty . She is persistant on going to the bathroom in her pull ups and there just seems to no telling her otherwise ! Anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to convince her into potty training ?!?!

AutismMom315

Asked by AutismMom315 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have three kids(14,12, 3). with the older two I was militant about potty training by 2 and it was frustrating for us all. As you can see there is a big gap between the older two and my 3 year old. I decided to let potty training happen naturally with him, less stress on us both. During the summer I let him run around the house without any pullups on and he had about 3 or 4 accidents and then just started to go on the potty. It's as if a light bulb went off. He was basically potty trained in 2 days. Just make sure that your daughter can go all night without wetting her pullups and I would say that she is ready. My son is really smart and outgoing. I just think that we as parents try and rush them to do things. If it's not bothering you let her progress at her pace. Try it on maybe a weekend day without her pullups on and see what happens. I did not need to bribe or scold. It will all work out as it should.
    shelby7615

Answer by shelby7615 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• i used candy on my two year old, he's been trained for well over six months now, and persistance is the key.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2009