Do You?

Hold Obama Accountable to the same standards that you held Bush Accountable to in the areas of:
*Wars Iraq/Afghanistan & Soldiers Lives
*Economy
*Administration Behavior/Accountability
*etc

What are the standards for which you measure Obama in the future?
Do you expect Obama to be better than Bush in areas like?
*Patriot Act/Warantless Wiretapping
*Same Sex Marriage
*War In Afghanistan
*Economy

Do you use Bush as an acceptable excuse. (ie: It's Ok for Obama to do it, because Bush did it, etc)?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Do you use Bush as an acceptable excuse. (ie: It's Ok for Obama to do it, because Bush did it, etc)? *Also Applies to their administraions when referring to just them

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Yes, I believe that O should be held to at least the same, if not higher, standards that Bush was held to. He campaigned on a platform of doing certain things. He also made many promises, which have not been kept. One of the biggest of these promises was the promise of transparency, which is non-existant in this administration. I for one am SO NOT impressed with his version of post-racial leadership for this country.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I hold Obama to higher standards than Bush, for one reason because I voted for Obama, and expect more of him than I ever did of Bush. That said, I expect Obama and the current congress to make some tough decisions about the wars and to stick by them. I think Obama is taking way too long to pull out of Iraq. When thinking of Bush, it is impossible to judge his actions as a wartime president without considering that we wouldn't have been involved with Iraq if he hadn't started the war. Afghanistan wasn't Bush's war, I did not hold him responsible for being there, I more held him responsible for shifting his focus to Iraq and leaving the conflicts in Afghanistan to just sputter along.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I could go on and on, a quick summary would be that Obama is not quite lefty enough for me, because of all the things you listed in the question. It is a fact that Obama is a moderate Democrat, no matter how much crying you hear from the right about him being some kind of ultra liberal. I knew it when I voted for him, and he is proving to be much as I expected. I still think he is a good president, and I support him, even if I don't agree with everything he does.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• There's not much I can say that stacy hasn't already said =) That's pretty much how I feel about it!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I feel that each president should be held to a higher standard than the one before him. He is able to glean education from yet another president before him and the results of his or her actions.
    The moment I found that Obama had been elected, I was sick in the pit of my stomach. He is too arrogant to learn from his mistakes. The next minute a good friend of mine called, crying, because he felt so proud of his culture, and that it was a great day. I decided that moment that I would give Obama a chance.
    He was in office for less than 12 hours before he scared the hell out of me
    He is too arrogant to learn from history and people who don't think like him.
    So I would say I hold him less accountable than Bush now. I have taken the measure of him and his policies and found them lacking. He's not going to consider anyone from the other side. I'm only hoping his replacement is a humbler man.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Every life lost is Blood on Obama's hands. Just like Bush. Obama said we shouldn't be in Iraq, yet he is still there. He has left the Bush administration timeline stand. Obama is not a strong leader and our military are paying the price for his taking way too long to make decisions.

Anonymous

• Obama campaigned on being More Responsible. More Transparent. More Accountable. He has failed at all three~so far. All he has done is blame the previous administration for the things that aren't working in his favor (while spending more than Bush) and then embraced previous policies (patriot act, wiretapping, gitmo, etc).

What I find interesting are the BO supporters who throw the, "well Bush did it" phrase out when anyone attempts to hold BO or the BO administration Accountable, Responsible, calls them out on their lack of transparency, etc.
    I would expect those who support Obama to NOT want to align the actions of BO and his admin with that of Bush. I would especially expect them not to play by the 2 wrongs make a right argument. There is a reason why Republicans have lost seats, lost their base, lost their way.They spent like liberals. They were corrupt.Is that suppose to give liberals a free pass to behave & spend?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Iraq and Afghanistan are Obama's Wars now. If they aren't, then he should pull out 100%... If he cannot commit to the mission and the troop for which he is the Commander in Chief? Then he needs to get them out of there. This isn't a game of politics. Obama seems almost afraid to lose his liberal base if he commits to the Wars the way a LEADER SHOULD. Lives are being lost under his leadership. He owns these wars just as Bush did when he was President. If he doesn't want to own them, he needs to exit.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Well said, grly!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2009