when should baby hold own bottle?

I know all babies are different, and do things at thier own pace, but curious what the usual age is a baby holds thier own bottle?

c2customs

Asked by c2customs at 8:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 11 mths she didnt start holding her bottle tell 10 mths she still working on holding her own sippy up.
    Anonymous

• I think my son was about 4 months when he started. I worked with him on it. IMO best milestone ever. LOL Free's up so much time.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Mine never held their own bottles. We switched to sippy cups at 6 months and they learned to hold those on their own.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My DD was breastfed but I started her on a sippy cup around 6 mos. She held it fine from the first time I gave it to her.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My son wasn't interested in holding his own bottle, so when he finally decided to do so he was about 7-8 months old I believe. He still doesn't prefer to hold it though and he's just over a year old.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Neither of our's had any interest in holding their bottles. Their daycare teacher had to get them to and that was about 7 months. We tried, but they just wouldn't. Now DS won't hardly let you hold it unless he's tired and DD would rather we hold it. We have started offering a sippy cup and they aren't really interested in that etiher . Very frustrating! DD won't even drink out of it and DS will only when I hold it. They are almost 10 months old.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Well I have pictures of my daughter holding her bottle at 4th of July and she was 7 months old at the time. I don't remember when she started though.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• my dd bout 7 -8 months
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 2:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My oldest daughter NEVER held hers, but it was super easy to switch to a cup at one year. She held the cup by herself and did fine with it. My twins both decided they would hold their bottles around 11 1/2 months, but they were already using cups more often than bottles. I encouraged all of mine to hold their bottles, and I know they were capable; I think they were just stubborn and wanted us to do it for them. My pediatrician said not to worry - it's not necessary for them to hold their own bottle, and they only stay little and need that sort of attention for a short time.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2009