i have a question about bottles?

Right now I only use avent bottles bc that's all she wants but what kind of bottles did u use and were they good and when would be a good time to switch her and not have to worry about her getting so much air?

gizmom529

Asked by gizmom529 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dr. Brown's were awesome. They were a little more expensive and harder to clean but it regards to air, they were a dream come true. I recommend them.

Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 9:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I have used Playtex Drop-In's since my son was born. They are easy to clean, easy to use, and greatly reduce air in the bottle. My son has never had any issues with gas and has always passed easily. I think a lot of that has had to do with the bottles that I used to feed him with. When to switch the bottles isn't so much the issues, as whether your child will accept the change. Some babies get used to a specific type of nipple and refuse to use another. For example, I tried to switch bottles on my son about a month ago and he refused to drink from it. I switched back and he drank fine from his Playtext Drop-In's bottle.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• We use Playtex Ventair Advanced. We love them! We used the Avents, but they leaked all over the babies. These don't leak. Well, they did a little while back, but we were using a microwave sterilizer and it warped the little seal in the bottom, but we ordered more from Playtex and now we either boil them or dishwasher. Anyway, you can hear the valve in the bottom "popping" as the baby sucks, so the air is going out of the bottle.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I have sworn by Dr. Browns...they are harder to clean because of all the pieces but if you have dishwasher and get the basket it makes it much easier.
    lubell1217

Answer by lubell1217 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2009