Dealing w.someones excitment?

My DH and I have been ttc for sometime now and havent had success. We were preg. at one time but lost it very early on, before I was even 6 weeks. We are still ttc. A good friend of mine from work and her DH have been ttc for a couple months, and they are pretty sure it worked this month. How can i deal with this? How do you be happy for them while inside you reallly just arent at all. She is always telling me about it and so i really dont know how i can do it. Im not trying to be selfish its just like a common reminder of what i am working so hard for and still dont have..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Your feelings are completely understandable. Does your friend know your issues? All I can say is act. You might not feel happy but it might be hard for your friend to understand if you arent happy for her.
    Anonymous

• Yes we talk about ttc all the time ups and downs and everythiig so she knows what im going through. And still thats all she talks about. I understand shes excited but at the same time i feel like she should at the same time understand how im feeling and not go on and on yanno? I do act like i am happy for her i dont want to be mean. its just really hard.
    Anonymous

• if she doesnt even know she's pregnant yet I wouldnt stress over it yet. My advice is to go relax, take some deep breaths, go be with your hubby.

also on the TTC thing. dont just have sex when your ovulating...MOST women ovulate in the mid time between periods but some women ovulate right after their period, or right before or on some odd day in between.
    Anonymous

• why not say something that lets her know you're happy but also shares that its not exactly a happy struggle for you. maybe say "hearing news like this really give me hope- we've been trying for a long time and it can be really heartbreaking." even if she knows you've been trying, it may be a gentle enough reminder not to burst her bubble but to also help her realize that it can be hard for you to hear. and frankly, if she knows about your ttc and is acting like this without even knowing she's pregnant...well that's weird and mean (if she were actually pregnant I'd say cut her some slack).
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• It is hard. I was in the same boat as you. It took us 2 years to get pregnant. During that time, lots of my friends were getting pregnant and having wonderful babies. Everytime I heard that one of my friends were expecting, my heart sank a little more, the ones that hit really hard were the ones that got pregnant and were not even wanting to get pregnant yet. it hurts really bad to hear people talk about thier pregnancies and children when you have been wanting one of your own for so long. I always got upset but I never let my friends know that I was upset. I was really happy for my friends and enjoyed making gifts for the new babies. But deep down it hurt really bad. Just hang in there!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Just be happy for her. but tell her what your going through. so that way maybe she can help by giving you some advice you and your husband can try.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2009