when were you all packed for the hospital?

i'm 35 weeks and wondering when i should get around to that. with my first i'm sure i was already packed by now...i was overly ready for everything. :) by no means do i want this little one to come early...but i guess i should be prepared. when did you pack?

abelsmama07

Asked by abelsmama07 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 34weeks...i was bored
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I did it at 35 weeks with DS and DD. This time around, I'm gathering what I need (I'm 22 weeks) little by little, and making my list, so when I'm about 35 weeks, I can have it all together and ready to go. I'd rather pack early than have to rush around at the last minute... If there are things you use daily (hair dryer, toothbrush, etc), make a list of what you need to grab and put it on top of the bag, so you remember to grab it all.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I am 35 weeks too!! Thinking I should pack soon. This is my 4th and I at least need to pack the kids for an overnight stay at my parents. I have a dr. appointment Friday and I think I will pack after that. On the other hand I may just wait until contractions start. It will give me something to do to keep me busy! I think that is what I did last time - it's not like I race to the hospital as soon as everything starts. I have always had time. I do pack the clothes for the new baby! I have a specific outfit for their "first" photo, and outfit for him to wear when his siblings see him, and of course, the outfit he will come home in.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• shoot I went into with the clothes on my back nothing else haha
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 9:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• i packed a few things around 38 weeks, and then the rest while i was in labor :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My husband threw some stuff in a bag after I was taken to the hospital, LOL. We had an unexpected home birth and I wasn't prepared for the hospital AT ALL (I was going to do it while in labor but somehow never got to it).
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 9:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My husband threw stuff together while I was in the shower the morning my water broke. I was 38 weeks, 3 days. Yeah, I was procrastinating a little bit. LOL.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• i didnt do to well... i went in for a routine doctors checkup and was told id be heading to hospital to get induced..(which was right next door) 3 weeks early

I didnt even have his crib ready i was waiting on a custom mattress lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Hmm, I was packed by around 35 weeks and every time we left the house, we brought the bag. We were very prepared, EXCEPT that my daughter was only 6lb 9oz, and all the newborn clothes were WAY too big. Next baby, I will know to also buy a few preemie outfits. In my family we make small babies. My sister was only 5lbs 3oz and I was 6lbs 4oz and my dad and all of his siblings were all under 5lbs. Man, I have baby fever and this is not helping!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• like, a week or so ago lol. meant to do it earlier, but i didn't actually have all my stuff, cause i had to buy some nightgowns and new undies and stuff cause i didn't have enough. prolly shoulda done it earlier,
    Anonymous