How can I fight cig. smoke smell?

We have just moved into a townhouse, and our neighbors smoke. The smell is really strong in our main bathroom. What can I use to help control the odor? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• put an air purifier in there
    Anonymous

• Do you share the same plumbing wall? Look under the sink, around all the pipes, are there spaces around them where the smoke can penetrate? Tape them up. If you have a possible rodent problem put steel wool around and then tape. Mice or rats can't eat through the steel wool to get in. I would caulk everything in sight. Does bathroom fan vent to the outside or just above the ceiling. Could smoke be coming through the fan? Good Luck and I mean it. I am a smoker but I do not smoke in the house because it makes the house stink. If you have a medicine cabinate caulk around that too.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 9:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I agree...check everything and everywhere that smoke could seep in thru...also an air purifier could help for sure
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• The lady in the apartment below us smokes even though this is supposed to be a smoke-free building....Anyway, b/c this place is over 100 years old, there's no way to stop the smoke from coming up into our place, so I have UV ionizing air filters in every room. I bought ones that are actually made for bigger rooms so that they would circulate the air more frequently, keeping it fresher.

Since this is supposed to be a smoke-free building, the landlord is sending her a warning letter & if she doesn't stop, her lease won't be renewed, but until then, we have to put up with the smoke b/c we can't afford to move. If you're renting too, I would complain to the landlord or move again.
    Anonymous

• put drier sheets on your air vents.... it really really works i work in a stinky old school ....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I dont smoke inside because it leaves crap on the walls, and stinks. I agree with SEEKEROFSHELLS, caulk everything.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2009