Just wondering...

My friend was telling me that when he was over in Iraq for a year he made 65k. To me that just doesnt seem like enough. I mean he almost lost his like three time. It just seems crazy to me. Does any one else think the same or different??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I guess it just depends on how you feel about patriotism.
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 10:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I agree that it isnt enough. Many of my relatives and friends have came back with serious medical conditions and will struggle for life.

But at the same time they pay isn't the reason why most people join the military.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Actually, for a military member, depending on his rate/rank, that is a LOT of money and it is all tax-free, which is a HUGE bonus!
    My husband has 2 degrees and is working on his Master's and all he can get max as a second-class is $55k taxed per year. This is why he is leaving the military. He is going to get a job that will be able to pay him what he is really worth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2009