To anyone who has had a tubal ligation (tubes tied) have you ever experienced side pains after and no period?

I got a tubal ligation on October 2nd of this year and a week after I've experienced cramping side pains in my left side on the bottom of my abdomen, I also have not gotten my period, I'm a week or 2 late. Is this normal at all? If I am pregnant would it be an ecoptic pregnancy and whats up with the side pains? I experience them everyday!

babygirl9304627

Asked by babygirl9304627 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Health

• I had mine done almost 3 years ago and didn't have any side pain and I had regular periods. But my periods were very heavy and I had horrible cramps. They were so bad (my periods) that I ended up having an endometrial ablation done. I had actually gone to see my gyn about having a hysterectomy because I couldn't face another 10 -15 years of the kind of periods I'd been having, and she suggested the ablation. Anyway, got off topic there, but I have no explanation, sorry. Hope someone can help you.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• you only had the procedure done a couple of weeks ago. its totally normal to be achy and sore. I was for about a month - first its the gas leaving the system and then its the body from being stretched out.

I've heard and read that a period can be affected by the tubal - just to let your body regulate itself and get back to a new normal. I didnt have one yet as baby was only 5months old at the time of my tubal.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2009