mirena and periods

for those of you who have used mirena and stopped having a period, how long did it take for your period to fully stop? i had mine put in about 4 months ago and my periods have been getting lighter and lighter ever since...this time i am barely spotting, so im hoping that maybe soon i wont have one at all!

LoriaAnn

Asked by LoriaAnn at 10:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I haven't had a single period with it. When it was inserted, I was still breastfeeding though. I haven't had a period since before I got pregnant with my daughter . . . so it's been 2 years period free!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• its been about a yr since i have had one :) it took about 5 months before it fully stopped
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I didn't have a period after the first two to three months, I think. I love it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I had mine inserted in December 2007 and my period was gone by March 2008. I still bleed at times, but mostly after sex and even that is very light.
    LoveLaughPeace

Answer by LoveLaughPeace at 8:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2009