how long does it take to get ready with a new born? more ?'s in details

So how long does it take to get ready....whats an easy routine

What about travel? If we were to drive somewhere 3 hours away much longer would it take with a baby (about 6 weeks old)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• keep a fully packed diaper bag in the car, and when you get home restock everything for the one you normally carry. that saved a TON of time.

I agree too...infants are WAY easier than toddlers and up. baby can be placed in seat and then you can get the rest of the 'stuff'
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:44 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• To get ready to go somewhere?

For me, about twice as long as to get only ME ready. And mostly because I'd have to stop to feed in the midst of the "get ready" process. But I was breastfeeding, so no bottles to prep and pack. Just had to restock the diapers in the diaper bag, and I was set.

For driving...expect one stop of abut half an hour in the middle of that three hour trip. ENough time to feed, diaper, go to the bathroom yourself, get gas and snacks, and get back ont he road again.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• You'd have to change, dress, and feed the baby in addition to yourself, so expect an extra 30-45 minutes to get ready. And the travel time depends on the baby. Like the PP said, definitely expect to stop once when you're planning, but baby might sleep the whole three hours; you never know until you get there. But add an extra 30-45 minutes to travel time when making plans, just in case.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I took my son for a trip about the same distance... he slept the whole ride, there and back. And it always takes me some time to get ready to go somewhere. I try to keep a stocked diaper bag. Just need to worry about food and drink.
    Anonymous

• Rest assured infants are far more easy than say toddlers. With infants, you can place them in a swing or seat and prepare yourself first, then pack their stuff and finally grab them and go. With a toddler, you have to do all the above while they are running around the house. A drive is totally fine. Most likely they will sleep the entire time.
    Anonymous

• i would say it takes 3 times as long...i try to get myself ready, then my son neds to be changed or fed...then i try to packthe diaper bag..oh wait i forgot to dry my hair.....finally get everything all together, oh shoot wheres the baby. lolwell its not THAT bad but really it can be overwhelming at first trying to forsee future problems and what you need. i always have extras now. extra bottles even if i think im just running for an hour....it always ends up when i dont have something i need it badly. so the extra preparing adds a few minutes on to that. i have to get up before my son is up at 8a.m. if going to say a family party bc i have to look half decent.

the answer above about keeping a diaper bag in the car....that is a great idea...and a lifesaver if you forget something.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 2:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2009