Dinosaur Birthday party ideas?

My son is turning 6 and is wanting a dinosaur party!!! Any ideas on decorating, themed snacks and age apporiate activities?

luvingmomuv2

Asked by luvingmomuv2 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• hell yeah i have an idea!!! my friend actually had a party like this- for herself- when she was turning 24... she loves "dino's" as she calls them. ANYWAYS- her boyfriend put together an AWESOME cake. it was a carvel ice cream cake and he had a big toy T-Rex standing on top of it and the big number candles that said 24, and the "2" had a big bite taken out of it and in the dino's mouth. it was so awesome! i hope you use this idea- i think he'd love it!
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 11:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• Do a dinosaur dig, you can buy kits, or make your own, just bury plastic dinosaurs in dirt, give the kids little paint brushes, and toothbrushes for cleaning their finds. Have the kids make fossils of seashells, or leaves to take home, using clay.

Serve-
    Dinosaur eggs- deviled eggs
    Banquet makes dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets
    We made a cake with a volcano, and put plastic dinosaurs on the cake.
    I'll try to remember what else we did.

Instead of goody bags, we made "archeology kits using cardboard school boxes filled with the cleaning tools, and the kids put their fossils and dinosaur bones in them.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My son had a dinosaur themed party a couple of years ago and for the goodie bags I made paper mache "dinosaur eggs" , filled them with treats, painted them bright colors, and made a nest with hay/straw to put them in until the end of the party. I also had a large stuffed dinosaur that I put in the nest with the eggs. The kids loved them and all the adults commented how cute and unique they were. It was really time consuming, but definitly worth it.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 11:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• This sounds like fun.
    If you have a creative mommy friend, have her paint the kids faces like dinosaurs.
    Bury dino shaped chicken nuggets under mashed potatoes for a dig.
    I am thinking a dino foot print of some kind....hmmm. Take a poster board and make size appropriate foot prints and fill inside with fun facts and have a quiz and prize....maybe not fun, but just brainstorming here. Can you think of something here? Have fun!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Those are really some great ideas, you can also go to oriental trading .com and check out some of the themes for dinosaurs!
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 4:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Use dinosaur stickers, tatooes

Put dinosaurs on a tray and remove one, have them guess which one is missing. 

Hide the dinosaur. 

Each boy come dressed in a dinosaur shirt and bring their own dinosaur. 

Do a free play with the dinosaurs. 

Dinosaur fruit snacks etc. 

See more games, also supplies on this link http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html  You will be able to compare prices from several vendors who have dinosaur birthday supplies. 

momjs

Answer by momjs at 7:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Pin the horn on the triceratops

Dinosaur Stomp - Blast the music and the kids stomp all around. When the music stops they have to stop and freeze in place, first to move is extinct, and you repeat this until there's only one kid (er, dinosaur) left.

Anonymous