Tipped Uterus before first pregnancy...return to being tipped after birth?

I found out I had a tipped uterus, which was the reason why it was harder for my husband and i to conceive. But now that I have given birth to my daughter a week ago, I am wondering something. I know my uterus is contracting fast due to my breastfeeding, but will my uterus return to being tipped, or is regularly (circle) shaped now? I tried google-ing to find the answer, but to no avail.

BigBellyMom

Asked by BigBellyMom at 11:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was curious about your question bc i know that i also have a tilted uterus. From what I just read I think it sounds like it goes back to how it was before. Which may explain why I'm having a hard time concieving again. hhmmm.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 11:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• It depends. My mom had a tipped uterus that is still tipped. Mine was tipped, but corrected while I was pregnant with my oldest son and as far as I know, is still corrected. So it might stay the way it should after birth, or it might go back to being tipped. You can ask your dr to check at your 6 week check up, or you can also wait until your next yearly exam and ask them to tell you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:38 AM on Oct. 26, 2009