Is this some sort of condition?

I'm constantly picking at myself. I pick at my skin all over my body, sometimes to the point where I'm bleeding. I know that there is a condition where people pull at their hair. I was wondering if there was something similar with skin.

amethystrse

Asked by amethystrse at 1:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Health

• Dermatillomania. There is a condition, and you should speak to a dermatologist and a psychologist.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS256US256&q=skin+picking
    MomtoMany_of8

Answer by MomtoMany_of8 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My whole family is pickers, I would love to see the replies
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• OCD: Obsessive compulsive disorder. Constantly and insessantly doing the same thing over and over again, compelled to doing that one thing, even if (or especially if) it hurts you in some way. Its very common, especially in women. If its a problem for you, then go see a therapist about it. Good luck!
    MommyEmmy79

Answer by MommyEmmy79 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• WOW, I thought I was the only one! Never thought it could be something. But I do, I pick and pick until I bleed and I have the scars to prove it. THank you!
    onespoiledwife

Answer by onespoiledwife at 3:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I think it's called OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2008