Okay...I'm prepared for the people who will post anon and say I'm nuts...

...but I swear I'm feeling the baby move. I am nine weeks a a few days along. My second baby and I felt the first move slightly early (And I'm sure it was her moving!) at 15-16 weeks. The first time I felt this I was freaked cuz I knew it was too early...but over the past several days I've felt it a couple more times. I know it isn't gas, cuz I have the gas flutters here and there as well and this is distinctly different. It feels just how my daughter's early movements did. Has anyone else experienced this so early? I know most of you will say it's wishful thinking, but I haven't been LOOKING or WAITING to feel it. I'll just be sitting very still, and suddenly I feel the faintest of "blips" and then it's gone. And yes, I know what all the "books" say about it...they also say a lot of things that were not true with my pregnancy last time. So I want to hear from real moms who can either say I'm nuts or not! lol

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I thought I did too with our 3rd baby. I knew I was pregnant at 2 weeks along, they did an ultrasound and I was right, so my Dr said I may be feeling something. You know your body the best so don't let anyone tell you just because they didn't that you won't. Congrats on the new baby to be!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• that happened to me too. it felt like bubbles or something. but it wasn't gas. it was pretty neat.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• maybe your farther than you think that happend with my son i thought what the *****
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• i didn't feel my first til 24 weeks so i think you're totally crazy. check the developmental stages of your baby online and see if it has anything to move yet
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I already did that, and at nine weeks it is already moving quite a bit and by ten weeks it is generally bouncing all over. I just read a post on another site that said if the placenta is positioned correctly in the back...then every now and then a woman will feel it extremely early. I wonder if that has any validity.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• i wish i had known that before i had my abortions. completely uneducated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I felt this baby at 9/10 weeks too. This is our 3rd, and i knew that I could feel him. I got an ultrasound at 11wks and watched him kick and felt it at the same time.

Its possible as long as you know your body!!
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 12:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Anything is possible. I felt my kids early too. Maybe people can feel it earlier than doctors think.
    Enjoy. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• You're nuts! J/k...lol

Seriously though I felt my baby move too on my 8th week. I know books and other site says it's gas but I know what gas from feeling of a baby tumbling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I really wouldn't know beings that this is my first child.
    jessica222009

Answer by jessica222009 at 5:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2009