help for xmass

Things are hard this is first time that i am reaching out for help i know there must be organizations out there that help with gifts and food but now i def need help my son and i have been very sick and even thow i work i dont get paid on my days off so i dont miss my rent my food supply has been cut for my family and xmass is going to be very ugly .I dont belong to any church organization and i dont have any family where i live in Bloomsburg PA i was woundering of anyone know of places i can go or call to at least get help with food and winter clothing and stuff .

hush84

Asked by hush84 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

• There are some groups on here where mom's that are doing well this year can adopt families that are having a rough time. I can't remember the names of any off the top of my head. But, I'm sure you can search for Christmas groups and find some. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• you don't have to belong to a church to get help from a church, i'm not sure about where you live but here we have the salvation army they help a ton, also toys for tots you might want to sign up now because i believe there is a list. but if you can't get on toys for tots the veterans do help just go to one that collects toys. churches and the salvation army also helps with food, oh and look into a place called the sharing center. good luck
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 11:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2009