Labor

Does anyone know the very very first stages of labor. This sounds kinda dumb but with my son i was induced. Im not due till Thanksgiving but im so miserable. Im having constant cramps in my upper leg at night and have no energy. How commom is it for your 2nd baby to come early and the delivery to be faster then the first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pretty common. The very first signs of labor are loss of your mucus plug, feeling "birthy", nesting, loose stools, etc. Early labor starts when you begin having regular conractions, which probably won't be painful at first. You may not even know it's labor for a long time, since you will be dealing with so many other symptoms.

Your baby will come when he or she is ready, mamma... until then, distract yourself. Make meals in advance and clean your house, read to your first born and spend lots of quality time with them. Eat, sleep. You won't get the chance for a while after the baby's born. Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I don't know about arriving early because i was induced also but my second was faster then my first. every labor is different but leg cramping is one sign of labor.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 11:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• I was induced without any luck and then had a c-section. But i did go into preterm labor.. i had what felt like bad menstrual cramps in my lower back, that didn't go away when i drank a ton of water (can't remember the reason but my midwife made me do this, something to do with dehydration i think) or layed on one side.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2009