first hair cut did they cry?

Draydensmom7708

Asked by Draydensmom7708 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope! HE had fun actually. We took him to a special kids hair cut place, and he got to sit in a race car seat and have a toy, and they had a tv with dora or something on. she did it quick and was used to squirmy kids.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My son just got his first hair cut today actually, at two years old. He was actually intrigued by what she was doing and seemed to be having fun. I had his elmo book for him to focus on when he needed to look down or up...but he did great.

i was lucky my cousin did his hair so she was great....and gave him a sucker as a treat for being so well.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• My oldest did not.
    My second child did.
    My third child did not.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• None of my three cried. The older tow were both two and a half and the youngest was 15 months. My youngest was getting a mohawk and was so sleepy he just laid his head on my chest and rested there as she shaved his head. It was sweet.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2009

• no he watches his daddy do it all time
    Anonymous

• Nope! I wouldn't say he LOVED it, but it was different and interesting for him. I also went to a special kid-cut place and they have him sit in a fancy car and watch Thomas videos (his first glimpse of Thomas!), so he was having a blast.

I recommend you bring a small toy with you that you can use to direct his gaze with. Like tickle his belly with it when they need to do the back of his neck. That sort of thing. My son had a little toy mirror...he's such a narcissist!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Nope. My 3 year old was excited to get
    her hair cut.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My son did... he was afraid of the buzzer that they use to shave the back and sides of his hair. My girls were fine- they just had scissors though!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My son had so much hair when he was born, that I had to get it trimmed when he was 3 weeks old. I held him in my lap while my hairstylist trimmed his hair.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Nope. We have a place called Cookie Cutter's. It is especially for kids. They have play equipment, and special chairs like planes and fire trucks. They get to choose a dvd to watch while the girl cuts their hair. The love to go for hair cuts. At the end they get a sucker and a balloon with a cookie cutter tied to the bottom. It is great fun for them, and it makes it easy on the parents.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:54 AM on Oct. 26, 2009