help!

I haven't spoke with my sister in 11yrs. She and I used to be really close, but then she joined the Mormon church with her husband. Our pastor and I did everything we could to show her how wrong that was, but she refused to admit it, so I ended all contact with her. I could not chance her poisoning my childrens brains! Well today I got an email from her saying that she loved me and missed me and would love to get together sometime. I feel like this is my last chance to show her the truth! I have been praying like crazy all day and am thinking about meeting with her this week. How should I bring up her salvation without offending her? Anyone been through this before? I know from our mom that she still is a Mormon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sometimes if you want a relationship with a family member, certain subjects are just plain "not on the table" for discussion. I would suggest agreeing to disagree on this point. After all, if she is destined to be saved, she will be.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should find a new pastor or religious leader. Look for one experienced with dealing with members of brainwashed cults! He should know how to deal with what you are going through
    Anonymous

• You are one ballsy woman! Do you honestly think that you can come on here and basically say you have found the one and only way? You cut your own sister out of your life because she followed her own path! You are sick! You should be begging her for forgiveness! Not asking strangers how to make HER better! Who does that? How can you possibly think that anyone, including God could think you are right for abandoning your sister like that! SHAME!!! She is your sister, your flesh and blood, not to mention your sister in the Lord! Mormons love Jesus - If you did, you never would have walked away from her!

Anonymous

• shes your sister and you are not god..... respect her choice in religion, if you cant you will lose her. ask her not to mention her religion to your family and dont preach to her or her family...
    respect each other, or you need to leave her alone.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• OP here anon:11:57 I chose my children over my sister. I can not risk her leading them away from God
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• YOU cut HER out of your life. You STILL think you can bully her into believing the way YOU want. Listen you HAVE to back off. Otherwise YOU will be the one ending the relationship forever. It is NOT your choice in how SHE believes, how SHE finds peace. It is NONE of your buisiness how she worships. She is your SISTER. How dare you let a preacher make you push away your own kin like that. I may not be Christian but really you are one piece of work. I agree with anon :57 you should be ashamed of yourself. YOU turned YOUR back on HER.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Newflash OP your children will some day choose FOR THEMSELVES their own path. NO matter what you do, you can NOT prevent them from being separate beings from yourself. To push them or frighten them into submission is wrong and is abusive in many eyes.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• How about respecting your sister? That would help make your relationship better. Respect that she has chosen what is right for HER and her family. I GUARANTEE it if you attack her religion you will loose her again. What makes you think she will "brainwash" your children?? Don't you think your sister has a little more respect for you than that? Be up front with her and tell her you don't want your children to be Mormons. She will most likely be respectful of your wishes if she truly wants a relationship with you again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Besides you don't think that they will not EVER see or hear from your sister again? What about other family members who don't have critia for accepting family as just that ......FAMILY.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:08 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/Mormons.html

here this link is a great site
    check out the homepage!
    gaurdianangels

Answer by gaurdianangels at 12:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2009