Elimination Communication-

So I've been reading up on Elimination Communication- basically potty training your child from infancy without the use of diapers. According to the websites, although they may be bias, this method seems to work. I am certainly content with the arrangement I have right now- diapers. But ideally it seems like a good idea. No worry about rashes, cleaning out cloth diapers, and not to mention the money you save. Just want to know opinions on it and if anybody on this site practices it, and could tell me about the experience :)

luvububee

Asked by luvububee at 11:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have heard about it but have never considered doing it myself.
    There are women in some of my Natural and Green groups who have done it. Do a group search and you'll probably find a group specifically for it. You might poke around there to hear what they are saying.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I am personally not motivated enough. but my cousin has successfully used EC for her little boy who's 1.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• On another parenting website I used to go on one mother would go on and on about her 4 month old who didn't need diapers. I thought she was a cookoo...to be honest, I dont feel its good parenting....the time you should be bonding with your new infant, spent trying to get them to pee on the toilet...and as many times as my son pees....id be way too stressed out as a new mom to even contemplate doing this. It just sounds like jumping the gun a bit. JMHO....Don't have children if you want them to come out of your uterus pooping in a 2x2 infant potty. :)
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 1:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2009