Will you talk me out of TTC please?

I want a baby soooo bad. DH and i were planning to TTC in July. but then my mom died in April and we took in my brother instead. So we put it off. and we haven't made up our mind on when would be a good time to TTC.
My brother is a handful. he's a special needs child. AND i take care of my stepson too. They are 13 months apart.
DH is in the Army and stationed in Germany. As of right now, we don't know if we'll be living together any time soon. DSS's BM is against us moving to Germany.

As you can see, now is not even close to the best time to TTC. But DH is coming for a visit after his tour in Iraq is finished and i'm not currently on any BC. I was thinking about the IUD. ...but i want a baby so bad that i have been procrastinating.

so, what do you think? lol can you help me out here?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 11:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd also be hesitant with a special needs child who's really vulnerable. And with dad away...what happens if something happens to you?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• 07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 12:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• just think about what would be best for the baby. Would you want that baby in the situation you are in right now or would you want to wait until you feel the time is right. I know how hard it is when you really want one but it wont be fair if you put that want before whats best for that baby. Does that make sense?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I think this would be a very selfish move on your part. You have to think about what you can bring to the conception of this child. It sounds like your plate is already too full and you would only be causing more issues with all involved. A baby is not looking good on your part.
    Anonymous

• If you want to have a baby then go for it. There is no "best time" if you wait for the time that seems right it may never come. TTC when your hubby is home on leave and if you get pregnant, then it was meant to be. You may have your hands full at his point with your brother and stepson and you will have your hands full when you have a baby but it will be so worth it. I am so sorry about your mother's passing but I don't think she would want you to not have your own child because you took in your brother. Also, I would like to thank your husband for his militaty duty and also you for being a military wife, I know it has to be hard on you with all that is going on in your life.
    smr123

Answer by smr123 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkZ_StRjU0
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• i have seen that condom commercial before.
    but i already have two kids so do you really thing that's going to stop me? lol

It suppose that it might be self-fish. ...but we have no idea if the legal issues with DSS will ever be resolved and my little brother will ALWAYS be a special needs child.
    ...so ...is it really self-fish?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• gdiamante
    if something happened to me DH would get an honorable discharge from the military and he would do his best.
    However, I'm going to have to worry about what might happen to me for the next 2 years or more. ...how long do i wait?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• "how long do i wait?

You're only 22 years old. What's the rush?

Slow down, enjoy the one you have now and do your best for your little brother. If you were 35 I'd say screw it, have another kid. But you're 22! Barely outta diapers yourself, young 'un. Slow down. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 5:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• By the way..I speak from the vantage point of one who is old enough to be YOUR mother...if I'd had a child in my early 20s. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 5:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2009