Im 27 weeks and im freaked out by whats happening...

Ok so i may be nuts buuuuuut.... My panties get wet as if i accidently peed a little in them but i didnt. its not a discharge its like water and it dries. What is this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Normally it is thicker and whiter, but when you're pregnant it goes into overdrive and will be clear and less gooey. I had to wear a pantyliner half the time because of the increased discharge (well that and the fact that half the time if I sneezed I'd almost pee my pants). But like I said before l&d can test it, so if you are still worried go and get it checked. If nothing else it will put your mind at ease. And don't worry about looking stupid at l&d worried over nothing, they've seen it all and I'm sure they'd much rather you come in when you don't need to, than not come in when you should.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It's actually probably discharge. I know it doesn't seem like it because it's so much like water, but it's more than likely discharge. If you are really worried though that it might be your water breaking, you can see your ob or go to l&d and they can test it to see if it is amniotic fluid. But it is normal to have a lot of discharge and have it be very liquidy.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• i would guess your discharge has increased but if your worried you can go to the L&D department and ask them to check
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Really? see i thought discharge is like a gooey type and has a white ish color or yellow. at least all of my normal discharges do. thats why idk what it is.
    wishingmommy1

Answer by wishingmommy1 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My discharge during the 3rd trimester was the same way - I used pantyliners to stay dry :) I agree with canadianmom - if you're really concerned it's better to go in and have it checked out.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2009