How to identify whether baby is teething?

My baby is 4 and half months, she is moaning all the time, doesn't want to drink much milk too. I wonder whether she is teething.But nothing special to see in her mouth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• While some babies breeze through the teething process, many seem to struggle with it and experience discomfort. Among the symptoms your teething baby may exhibit:

• Drooling (which can lead to a facial rash)

• Gum swelling and sensitivity

• Irritability or fussiness

• Biting behavior

• Refusing food

• Sleep problems

There's debate among experts over whether certain problems — like diarrhea, fever, congestion, body rashes, and vomiting — can be caused by teething. A rule of thumb: If your baby has symptoms that worry you, don't just chalk it up to teething. Check with your doctor to rule out other potential causes that may need attention.

Most babies get new teeth in this order: First the bottom two middle ones, then the top two middle ones, then the ones along the sides and back. BabyCenter.com

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• cont...

You can't do anything to make teeth appear, but you can comfort your baby if you think the process troubles him. Give him something to chew on, such as a teething ring or a wet washcloth cooled in the refrigerator. He may also get some relief from eating cold foods, like applesauce or yogurt. Massaging his gums is another way to soothe his discomfort — after washing your hands, rub his gums gently but firmly with your finger. The pressure provides a welcome balance to the pressure your baby feels coming from the buried teeth below.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My son drools like a faucet before teeth are coming in. he got 2 within a few days of eachother , and he was waking up more at night. soaking through clothes and bibs.....biting everything. once they came through almost all the way all this simmered down...now he has a whitish bump on his top gums,and hes drooling alot again so this is my guess that its about to pop through. He also gets red cheeks which ppl tell me is from teething but im not positive on that.
    Sometimes you can tell if you feel the gums. I can tell the difference between the flat gums and the bumpy areas when a tooth is coming, and then one day it was SHARP! omg a tooh! lol.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2009