What to do?

I am worried about what i'm going to do with my 2 year old little girl when i give birth to our second child.....I cant imagine leaving her alone for DAYS while im in the hospital. She'll definately be with my mom or dad and in good hands but i dont know how I will deal with it. I'll miss her too much. How did you ladies deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why would you not be with her for days? she can come to the hospital ya know:)
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My mom brought my 2 yr. old daughter to the hospital every day during visiting hours. The rules at the time were that siblings were allowed in the rooms, otherwise no kids under 12 could come in. I'm told that many hospitals have changed this policy because of the swine flu and aren't letting ANY kids in unless they are the patient.
    I would first check with the hospital to see what their policy is - if it's ok with them and it's possible for your parents to bring her in, go for it! If it's not, then ignore the guilty feeling and revel in the wonder of your new baby and enjoy the bonding :) Good luck momma!!!!
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I have this same problem. I love my 2 year old son to death and im an over paranoid parent. I didnt let my mother or anyone take my son till he was atleast a year old and even then i called atleast 4 or more times a day. I still call when she takes him which isnt very often because i worry sooo much. It not a trust issue. I think im just so used to doing things my way that when someone else is doing things it makes me frustrated like what foods to give my son or are they washing his hands sorta thing which i know his grandparents dont stress that enough. Im not getting my son that new shot for the swine flu so i am so worried when i got to the hospital to deliver my second son that my first is going to get sick. I guess these worries are all normal. That and i dont like leaving my son with no one. I havent worked since hes been born so the bond is unbreakable. Im sure your little one will be fine for 3 days. GL Hun
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2009