Is your child vaccinated?

My friend has a daughter who is vaccinated (whole schedule). I have a son almost same age and he is not vaccinated.

My friends goes to the pediatrician many times not only for the vaccines but for ear infections.

I've been at the pediatrician only 4 time in a year.

Do vaccines have anything to do with my friends daughter ear infections?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first was vaccinated on a delayed schedule until he had a severe (almost deadly) reaction to what would have been his 6 month shots at 12 months old. At that point we stopped all vax for him and any more children we have. The vax could have something to do with the ear infections, but the studies I have seen show there is more of a link with formula feeding and ear infections then anything else. Nianza please educate yourself before spouting stuff like that. All states have exemptions for school and it is YOUR child YOU make the choice whether to inject them with the poisonous chemicals that are used in vaccine manufacture and I personally do NOT agree that the vaccines protect you and there is lots of data to back that up. They could very well cause the ear infections or susceptibility to them because they weaken the immune system slightly every time you get one. I have never seen a study on it though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Quite possibly.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• No I wouldn't think so. But I'm not a Dr either. I have two girls one had more ear infections then the other and they were both vaxed.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I doubt it, all 3 of my children are vaccinated and in 11 years I have been to the doctor twice for a ear infection for a child. Many times it has to do with how the child is drinking (laying down/sitting up) and if they are prone to ear infections some children get them more often than others I know I did as a child, it was a constant problem. The 2 times my boys got them they had been sick with strep first and the ear infection came on as a result of it.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Have no clue. My boys were vaxed, my daughter not. None of my kids have ever had an ear infection.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I doubt that. alot of children have ear infections.....maybe you could try to research any studys on this , if there has even been any done?
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 1:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Both of my kids are vaccinated and neither have had an ear infection. A lot of different things can cause ear infections - but that is one I have never heard of.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:54 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My kids are fully vac'ed as well... at 3 and 5 only my 5 yo has had ONE ear infection and neither has any signs of ADHD or autism!!! Hope no one visits you from another country and brings your kid a preventable disease like polo or anything. To bad your kids can't travel to so many places in this world without the possibility of getting one of the things my kids are vac'd against.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Maybe, but perhaps other variables, like breastfeeding. For instance, my son has never had an ear infection to date, is fully vaccinated, but has been breastfed. *shrug* There are a lot of variables.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 3:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• no that doesn't make cents the shot are to muke ur kids safe and help them fight off things.... idk how u gotten this far with out getting him shots u know when he starts school there going to make u get him shots its like u can't ever not give him shots.... may I ask y havnt u had any shota given to ur kid?
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 6:26 AM on Oct. 26, 2009