How do I make boiled eggs?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• just put some eggs in a pot of water, when the water is brought to a boil set the timer for 10 minutes and then take them off
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Seriously? You put eggs into a pot, cover with water, place on burner on stove. Turn on stove to med-high heat. Boil. Simple enough.

Anonymous

• You BOIL them!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• LOL you boil them..hints the name BOILED eggs. orare you asking how to dress them when they get done boiling?
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:15 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• 10 minutes will be soft, not hard boiled. Do them for 19 if you don't want them runny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I usually boil mine for about 20 minutes......even if I am only boiling 3. If I boil the whole carton of eggs 20-25 minutes. I add a teaspoon or more of salt to the water.

Once done boiling, I run the eggs under cool water in the pan I boiled them in and let them soak til I can handle them, leaving enough water in the pan so I can peel them and slip them back into the water to cool.......til I use them. Pat them dry with a paper towel til I need them.

My Mom made the best soft boiled eggs with toast......I never could. Mine would still br really runny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• place the egg(s) in cold water, when it comes up to a boil sprinkle a little salt on them (easier to peel) and time them for 10 minutes, after ten minutes turn off the stove cover and leave for another ten minutes. then cool and peel. enjoy!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• OP ~ Follow the advice of the first Anon to post - she cooks them perfectly and 10 minutes will not give you runny or soft eggs at all - they are perfect.
    What I will add is that once you take them from the heat after they have boiled, turn on the cold water, gently pour the hot water out of the pot into the sink and run the cold water over the eggs. Keep refilling the pot with cold water without dumping out the eggs or cracking them. If you want to be able to peel them quickly, you can add some ice cubes to the cold water and let them sit until the eggs are cool enough to peel.

BTW, this is NOT a dumb question. Everyone has to learn something new sometime and CM is a place where we all, as women, are supposed to help each other with compassion, not ridicule.

OP ~ Enjoy your eggs, hunn. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• LOL I always wondered why my mom always put salt in the water when she makes boiled eggs. Now I know why! LOL
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 9:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2009