what kind of computer do you have?

do you like it? Have problems? Which brand do you hate? We will be needing a new one next year so Im getting opinons. Ive had a Dell before and Hated it....so other than that what do you like? Desktops please since it will be for my daughters schoolwork mostly. thank so much

Mesha125

Asked by Mesha125 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Technology

• I have an HP and I like it.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I have a six year old Dell desktop. It is a bit slow, but still works great! I had to rebuild the hard drive this past winter; Dell tech support was very good and send me all of the disks at no charge.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:08 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• hp desktop had for at least 3 years
    Anonymous

• My husband built his computer himself. I have a Mac mini and I like it a lot. Some things took some getting used to after using Microsoft for so long, but I like it and will get another Mac the next time I get a new computer.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I'm a Mac girl myself - mac mini, iMac and iBook. But I also have a 9 year old Dell 4500 that still kicks butt. Computers are really coming down in price so spend the money and upgrade everything to the max when you buy it. You will regret it after a bit if you don't. If you're on a PC and it's for your child, you MUST invest in good preventative measures like spyware, virus, malware, grayware and other cleaning tools. Facebook and MySpace are known for unleashing ticking time bombs in computers. Maybe buy it from a local small shop that can offer face time or phone time w/o charging you for the consult. They need to keep your business so they will do whatever they can to help out. :)
    ny_momof3

Answer by ny_momof3 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Ours are custom built. I have no idea what's inside them but they are pretty high end and only cost us about $600 each to make. I didn't pick out the parts but I did put it together and it was suprisingly easy.
    I didn't have to buy a new copy of Windows either because they just let us use our old Windows install disk.

Before that we had Dells and hated them.
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 12:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• E-Machine It has served it's purpose but it is on it's last leg. will most likely get another one of the same caliber.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2009