IUD

I have had the IUD since March 2007. I had it inserted when I was on my period, and my period ended up lasting 2 weeks longer than normal. After that, my periods were VERY light - just a slight pink tint. I usually have my period start the 14th or 15th of each month. This month (October), I haven't had my period. I have taken a pregnancy test, and it came up negative. I feel very bloated, tired, cranky, increased appetite, and headaches. I did some research and found that the IUD can cause pregnant like symptoms, and that once removed the woman felt much better.

Does anyone have the IUD and experienced these sorts of things? Should I go to the doctor, and make sure that I am not pregnant - even though I got a negative?

Meggin_Linquist

Asked by Meggin_Linquist at 1:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Health

• OMG!!! That was EXACTLLY what i felt with it (had Mirena) I was always bloated, headaches every day, and I gained like 30lbs out of nowhere from it, I exercise and eat healthy and i still gained them!! I was losing more hair then normal! I only had it put in for about 9months and i decided to get it removed and I do feel much better and lost 10lbs already in 2 weeks!! I had mentioned all these symptoms to my doctor and his response was that the iud didn't cause them but he never told me what did! But i was just fed up with feeling like crap half the time...my husband didn't like that i was moody so i got it removed and like i said i feel SOOOOOO much better...oh and i also felt like i was pregnant, and even took two test and they both said negative!! Get it out!! in my opinion!! Good luck
    se_wifenmom_xy

Answer by se_wifenmom_xy at 9:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2009