Leaving window open in the cold

Would you rather leave the window in your baby's room open a crack to get air circulating, even if its below 50 degrees, or let the room stay stuffy all night?

I am talking like a centimeter. I dress my son in two layers, but i really like him to get fresh air with the whole SIDS thing, and I check to make sure hes not cold n hes always still warm. My mother was disagreeing with me on this, but I only do it bc I feel its better and its not going to make him sick as she says. It's not like I am keeping the window wide open as snow and sleet are pelting through lol.

CurvyMommato1

Asked by CurvyMommato1 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just wondering if this is a parent no no, or if my mom is overreacting????someone. anyone.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Leaving the window open a crack is fine. :) If there is a room next to your sons you could leave that window open and use a fan to circulate the air - maybe that would make your mom feel better.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• If the crib is not right next to the window and you are sure that your child is not getting cold during the night, then I don't see anything wrong with it.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 4:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I keep our window open and run a fan year round.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 5:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Our window is cracked because it gets so HOT in my upstairs. I enjoy having the air circulating.

You should be able to tell if the temperature is right in his room by just walking in it.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2009