help! postpartum period

so i had my son on june 11th and wasnt able to breastfeed.
so my doctor put me on birth control. i was supposed to start my period on thursday and i havent yet. my husband and i have only had sex twice and we used a condom plus the birth control. im just wondering if anyone else had irregular periods after having their child?

mrsdemchuck

Asked by mrsdemchuck at 2:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It takes a long time for your cycle to get back to normal after you have a child. If you're really concerned, talk to your doctor; they should be able to answer your questions and put your mind at ease!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Your period could start up right away, but it could also take more than a few months. The important thing to keep in mind is that even if you don't have your period back yet, you very well could be ovulating so keep on using the birth control if you're not ready for another baby yet :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My son was born June 1st, I started Birth Control on Aug 7th and haven't had a period since
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 3:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• i had a period last month it was short and light but it was there
    mrsdemchuck

Answer by mrsdemchuck at 3:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• You can have irregular periods after having a baby even without breastfeeding...especially on birth control. Your body is still getting back to normal. Your best bet is to take a pregnancy test when paranoid (lol, I know I have!) and know that if you are using reliable birth control methods (read: not the pull out method), most likely you are not pregnant.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 3:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• yea periods take a few months maybe a year to get back too normal but if your still worried take a pregnancy test or call your doctor.
    Redneckmomma19

Answer by Redneckmomma19 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2009