husband asleep and not knowing where baby is

i went and got my hair done. I came home and my husband was sleepn on the couch. As soon as I walked in he got upa nd started calling for our daughter. well, she was asleep in our laundry room on the follor. I kinda flippe dout on him. he had a couple beers before I left and I assumed that mabey he kept drinking and past out. I was so pissed that he fell asleep letting our 16 month old walk around our house. Hes mad at hmself but acts like im crazy for being mad at him. What would you have done? By the way, he claims he was not drunk, just fell asleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• OMG!! this is my husband... he'll drink and drink until he knows its time to pass out....and sometimes i work nights and im terrified that if something happened to our DD that he wouldnt even be able to drive her to the ER or something... MEN ARE SO FREAKING STUPID MOST OF THE TIME!!

you can try talking to him but his mind is set that he wasnt drunk and he did nothing wrong or your at fault. maybe do counseling either thru your church or a shrink... GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I would never leave my child with someone whom I knew had been drinking. Even if it was your DH. You are also at fault because you admittedly knew that he was drinking and you left your child anyway. My husband does not drink so I don't have to worry about anything like this but if he did, I would not leave my child with him. I would also tell him that I was leaving him if his drinking interfered with the safety of our children. anyone who puts drinking before the well being of their child has a problem. He needs to get help before someone gets hurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• sounds like every man.prob just doesnt understand that she can get hurt many ways while he's sleeping. hopefully he can learn from it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I agree with everyone else, I wouldn't leave my baby with him... and he seriously needs to grow up... next time I went somewhere I'd either take her with or get someone else to babysit because your husband obviously doesn't have the capacity to give a shit long enough.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 5:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• And by the way... "sounds like every man"... I think not. Not every man sits and drinks himself silly while his 1 1/2 yr old baby runs around the house alone.

Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 5:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My husband never drinks. So not every man does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• "sounds like every man" - um, no it doesn't. My husband rarely drinks and when he does it's not to the point of passing out. It's a glass or two of wine or maybe a beer or two. It's usually when we are getting together with family or something. He would never drink if he had to be watching our daughter while I was gone. If I can't trust my husband, the father, to keep our daughter safe while I'm gone, who can I trust?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• You left your child with someone who was drinking? Poor child has a mom who leaves them with someone who is drinking and a dad who cannot stop drinking so they can care for them. Sounds like my childhood. I don't speak to either of my parents now because of that. You were lucky they didn't get hurt. Hubby needs to get into rehab and you both need parenting classes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• sounds like every man

Maybe the men you choose to be around. My husband doesn't drink neither do most of my friends husbands. If they did they certainly would not be trashy enough to get drunk while watching their child. Not everyone is low rent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• what are the chickens cackling about ? that the man might have possibly been drunk. well thats not right but you cant bite her head off for something that you dont have conclusive evidence about.unless any of you work for social services i'm sure your posts only count as an opinion and nothing else. my husband used to drink heavily when we meet i told him i wouldn't marry him if he continued , he hasn't had a drink in 5 years we have a 3 year old daughter and although he nor i don't do drugs and we don't drink we have done some pretty stupid parenting mistakes. thats all parenting is is making mistakes and learning. for example my husband had come back from iraq no more then two days after our daughter was born. i was exhausted he was from jet lag and the baby was crying now i was spend every waking moment checking to see if she was breathing. i fell alseep to wake up to no baby in the bed i screamed woke in up pulled back the
    Anonymous