• In the Spotlight:

Did you get married because you got pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• No. I was married first.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 3:42 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Was married before I got pregnant. I don't think it is a good idea to get married because you are pregnant unless you are 100% sure that the relationship was heading toward marriage anyways.

I am not in anyway saying anything bad about anyone who gets pregnant outside a marriage, I just don't think it is a good idea to jump into a marriage because you feel you have to without really wanting to or being truly ready for it.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 3:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I was going to, but I didnt want people to think thats why I got married. I want people to think I got married for love not to make things in life "right". I dont look down on people who are not married with children what so ever because I know how it feels to be in that situation. But I am engaged, not for the fact that I am pregnant, because we love each other.

If you do get married because your pregnant just be sure that YOU are doing it because YOU want to and YOU are in love. Dont do it because you want to make it right in anyone els's eyes but your own. The "right" thing in others eyes, is not always the best in yours. JMO

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• nope!
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 7:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yes & it was the biggest mistake of my life. Oh, & I ended up having a miscarriage!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Nope, I got married because I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him...got pregnant 2 months later...what a coincedence
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• the first time yes.....and it was a big mistake....but a GREAT learning experience!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I wish he would have married me because I was pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• No. We were married 9 years before we chose to have children. We used a barrier method and I was on the pill so we could guarantee we did not get pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Nope, we were married for 5 years before the 1st child was born.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2009