Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anybody remember???

What those little elastic bands are called that you can put on your kids pants to help make them fit around the waist? My son is getting taller, but is so skinny. His grandparents just bought him new pants, that just fall right off the waist, and they have no belt loops, so a belt is no help at all. I remember it was invented by a mom and advertised here on cafemom a few years ago. Anyone remember what it was called, and where I could get some?

Answer Question

Asked by my2.5boys at 8:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 17 (4,394 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I don't know what you are talking about, but you could also try suspenders.

    Answer by beckcorc at 12:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

  • i don't remember what they were called, but my daughter is tall and skinny also so we buy pants that have an adjustable waist band in them.

    Answer by clumm at 2:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

  • I had the same problem. I used a big safety pin in the back to tighten them up. You could also "take them in" if you can sew.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.