Why does fruit/veggies give me heartburn?

I try to eat healthy and it always bites me in the ass. Today, I had cheerios & a banana, I eat cheerios everyday and never get heartburn, but the added banana gave me really bad heartburn! The other day I had an apple & dipped the slices in peanut butter, I eat PB&J almost everyday with no heartburn, sure enough with the apple I got heartburn. I love eating cucumbers & tomatoes plain with salt &pepper, tried that in the beginning of my pregnancy and will not attempt again, that was the worst heartburn of my life. But if I don't eat that stuff, I don't get heartburn usually. Why? That's so unfair lol.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• because you are pregnant, water used to give me heartburn. Pepsid is safe to take, it will make a big difference
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:25 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• oh and green salad?? forget about it. :(
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• the acid in the products.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 9:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Get some papaya enzyme

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Hay there, well the apple and fruit have acid in them and then when you eat them it causesn the heartburn action. Try some tums before you eat or liquid antacid before you eat. This will coat the stomache and stop the heartburn before you have any symtoms. Just to let you know Dominic is still with mom. She is pregnate and has managed to stay out of court now for over 90 days. Well good luck on the heartburn
    Skywatcher

Answer by Skywatcher at 2:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2009