Four-Year-Olds Got Homebuyer Tax Credits?

What is wrong with this nation?
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aAGF6QYV3qdk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This is what happens when you hire a tax cheat to run the IRS. I wonder if the four year old was using TurboTax. Geithner couldn't figure that one out either.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• LMAO, Quinn!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• And we want the people over THIS to be in charge of HC??!! GREEEAAAAAAT.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Those that did this will be paying all that back and could face jail time. I know a family in my neighborhood did that and were caught recently they used their 6 year old in buying the home. Well they not only have to pay back the credit they have to pay penalties, interest and other fines. They both face arrest and prison now. They cry about it but I don't feel sorry for them. I am also who turned them in when they told me of their scam. Call me mean but I hate tax cheats too bad one is running the IRS right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I heard that and had to wonder how the heck they did that? Obviously 4 yr olds can't buy houses. Was it identity theft?
    There would have to be a long line of idiots to acomplish that one including the realtor and mortgage coounselor not to mention the IRS. There is fraud everywhere these days. I swear people need to open their eyes.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• sure. why not? dead people vote.
    Anonymous