How much should I charge?

I do freelance graphic design and I hate when people ask me for a quote. I never know what to say. I'm new to this and it's a start up company so I don't want to charge too much but I don't want to charge too little either.
They need:
2 banners
1 layout
2 thumbnails
1 logo

What would you charge/pay?

Nzumbe

Asked by Nzumbe at 9:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• logo design runs 50- 75
    layout--brochure can run around 100
    banners--depending on the size and materials you use can vary a lot---come up with an hourly rate--and then charge based on how long it will take you to complete--maybe 25 an hour +materials

I've never needed a thumbnail so I cant help you there

Good luck!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• call around to your local companies and see what they charge. Then because you are new try lower prices if you can and still make a profit (remember all little expenses add up ) that way you can get people to give you a chance then when you have a customer base slowly raise prices as needed.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2009