Recipes for cube steak?

I always see that cube steak in the stores and its usually pretty cheap. So i wondered if anyone had any good recipes.

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If you have a pressure cooker...flour/pepper/salt and brown the steak then pressure cook for 20 minutes...use the 'gravy' left over on top of mashed taters
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:29 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I always fry it in the skillet with white onions and baby portabella mushrooms, top it off with a little Mrs. Dash. Sounds good too...I think I will pick some up at the grocery later.

BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My mom would just put hers in flour with salt and pepper and then just cook it in a skillet on top of the stove. You can add different seasoning to it if you wanted.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• dried beans and lentils are even cheaper and much healthier! send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• lol @ rkoloms!!! i was thinking almost the same thing!

making lentil burgers for supper tonight w/ caramelized onions, garlic & baby bellas- toss in some tarragon... i'm drooling! lol we don't eat red meat- well, we almost NEVER eat meat! lol, but we used to.

for the steak though...

mix 1 C flour, 1 tsp each- garlic powder, ground celery seed, corriander 1/2 tsp each- pepper, thyme, marjoram, basil

beat 1 egg with 1 tsp water

dredge meat in flour, then egg, then flour again (do not all salt, it pulls the moisture out of the meat! salt after it cooks)

"fry" in large skillet with just enough oil to cover bottom of pan, until crispy... set aside.

to pan, add 8 oz sliced mushrooms, 1 small onion (thinly sliced) & a dash of salt. cook until onions are caramelized. add 1 tablespoon flour, and cook for another minute. whisk in 1 cup water or beef stock, cook until thickened. -mmm gravy!

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• You can make it just like you would beef tips. I make them in an electric fry pan, with water and let it cook all day. It will come out nice and tender and then add gravy.

Or I have put it in the crock pot and then when we are ready you can use a fork and mush it to make hot beef sandwiches. Just add Lipton onion soup and some water. Tastes great and the kids love it.
    Trinitysmom1205

Answer by Trinitysmom1205 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• 5 Minute steaks. Just add a little butter to a frying pan and add the cube steaks, seasoned as you wish. Cook on both sides for 5 minutes total. They do not take long to cook and are yummy with mashed potatoes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2009