Dont know what to do..........................

Okay im pregnant. My brother has been making rude comments towards me lately if hes at my moms when im also there. We all live really close to each other.UGHHH! Me and his wife has never gotten along. Shes bipolar and wont take any meds. He thinks i should just deal w/it. Because im not his whole attitude has changed towards me. He calls me a fat ass bitch,white trash medicaid babby maker, a whole crapload of things that are uncalled for (and in front of my 9yr old and 3yr old). This is not just a one time thing its become pretty regular here lately and he always starts his crap when my husbands out of town working. His wife has lied about several things about me just to start crap then the next time i see her she acts like nothinf ever happened. So sick of it.This has gone on for 5 yrs. Well, what im getting at is would i be wrong to not allow them in to see my baby at the hospital if they show up. After all they have done!

Nichole2270

Asked by Nichole2270 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I wouldn't think any less of you if you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• You and your children do not need these toxic people in your lives.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Stay away from them , when they show up leave. Cut them out of your lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I agree you brother needs prayers avoid him he is not a true friend, there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother! rbc.org
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Thanks for the answers. I have been so torn on what to do, your answers have helped a lot. Still not sure how to go about not allowing them in the room after thr babys born. My brothers wife can be soooo pushy!
    Nichole2270

Answer by Nichole2270 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Simply tell the nurses that you don't want them there. If they come, tell your nurse you want them gone and she/he will either tell them to leave or get security to get them to leave...they're usually really good about being an advocate for you! And, I agree with the other ladies; you don't need them around you. Remember this: "The only people you need in your life are the ones that need you in theirs" They obviously have issues with you and issues in general and they've made their bed, now they can lay in it.

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I would definitely distance my self from them. As one responder said, they are toxic. Let the maternity ward nurses station know you don't want them there. That doesn't mean they can't slip by if they know your room #. So then it will be up to you to tell them or call a nurse.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 12:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't blame you if you didn't let them see you at the hospital or any other time! That's just plain rude to talk to you like that just cuz you and someone else can't get along?? BS!!!! Tell your nurses when you go to the hospital that you specifically don't want them there, names and everything.. the nurses will take the blame for it, tell them your sleeping or something.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I would totally avoid them, you should not just deal with it, you should cut your losses and move on. if they want to go through life treating people like shit they will have nobody when its all said and done. Nobody needs that kind of crap in their lives. Your children dont need to see or hear this crap either, do them a favor and cut your losses.
    Anonymous

• If I were your mother, I smack the shit out of him. No momma is ever too old to smack her baby boy for being an ass. Sometimes, unfortunately, you have to cut people out of your life. Your brother is obviously very unhappy in his life and wishes to share that with you in the worst way.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2009